Developed in Sweden, the Greenfish recirculation technology is a water purification technology for sustainable aquaculture production in closed indoor freshwater systems. It was developed at Gothenburg University by Björn Lindén in collaboration with Chalmers Associate Professor Torsten Wik , under the supervision of Professor Emeritus Gustaf Olsson at Lund University of Technology.
Several published articles,  ,  ,  have appeared in the past, and have appeared in the past. One of the most important methods for complete scale calculations, involving: growth of fish, addition of fish feeds, production of waste, bacterial growth and the dynamics of the water purification system .
In the system no less than 28 different parameters of bacterial substrates are Described to simulate [ clarification needed Surely the parameters do more than simulate. Or do we mean they are variables within a simulation? ] the water purification dynamics of the system.
The microbial scientific basics and water purification technology and engineering is also scientifically important,  ,  ,  ,  ,  ,  , [10 ] , ] ,  ,  ,  ,  ,  ,  ,  ,  ,  ,   .
- Jump up^ Wik, Torsten; Linden, Björn; Wramner, Per (2009): Integrated Dynamic Aquaculture and Wastewater Treatment Modeling for Recirculating Aquaculture Systems. Aquaculture, 287 pp. 361-370. 
- Jump up^ Cullberg, Mikael (2009): Recirculating Land Based Aquaculture Systems; In: “FISHERIES, SUSTAINABILITY AND DEVELOPMENT, Fifty-two authors on coexistence and development of fisheries and aquaculture in developing and developed countries”. The Royal Swedish Academy of Agriculture and Forestry, pp. 323-324. 
- Jump up^ Berggren, Alexandra (2007): Aquaculture in Sweden towards a sustainable future; Master’s Thesis, Stockholm University. 
- Jump up^ Copp, JB (2001). The COST Simulation Benchmark: Description and Simulator Manual. COST Action 624 and COST Action 682.
- Jump up^ Gebauer, R., G. Eggen, E. Hansen and B. Eikebrook (1991). Oppdretts teknologi – vannkvalitet og vannbehandling i lukkede oppdrettsanlegg. Tap Forlag. Universitetet i Trondheim.
- Jump up^ Grau, P., PM Sutton, M. Henze S. Elmaleh, CP Grady W. Gujer and J. Koller (1982). In the description of biological wastewater treatment processes. Wat. Res. 16, 1501-1505.
- Jump up^ Gujer, W. and M. Boller (1986). Design of a nitrifying tertiary trickling filter based on theoretical concepts. Wat. Res. 20 (11), 1353-1362.
- Jump up^ Gujer, W., M. Henze, T. Mino and M. Loosdrecht (1999). Activated sludge model no. 3. Wat. Sci. Tech. 39 (1), 183-193.
- Jump up^ Henze, M., CPL Grady Jr., W. Gujer, G. v. R. Marais and T. Matsuo (1986). Activated sludge model no. 1 by iawprc. Scientitic and technical report no. 1. IAWQ. London, GB.
- Jump up^ Henze, M., CPL Grady W. Gujer, G. Marsh and T. Matsuo (1987). A general model for single-sludge wastewater treatment systems. Wat. Res. 21, 505-515.
- Jump up^ Henze, M., W. Gujer, T. Mino, MC Wentzel, G. v. R. Marais and T. Matsuo (1995). Activated sludge model no. 2. Scientitic and technical report no. 3. IAWQ. London, GB.
- Jump up^ Knowles, G., AL Downing and MJ Barrett (1965). Determination of kinetic constants for nitrifying bacteria in mixed culture, with the aid of an electronic computer. J. Gen. Microbiol. 38, 263-278).
- Jump up^ Maurer, M., Fux C., Lange D. and Siegrist H. (1999). Modeling denitrification in a moving bed of porous low-loaded wastewater treatment plant. Wat. Sci. Tech. 39 (7), 251-159.
- Jump up^ gadegaard, H., B. Gisvold and J. Strickland (2000). The influence of carrier size and shape in the moving bed biofilm process. Wat. Sci. Tech. 41 (4-5), 383-391.
- Jump up^ Riley, JP and G. Skirrow (1975). Chemical Oceanography. Flight. 4. 2nd ed. Academic Press, London.
- Jump up^ Royce, N. P. and Thornhill (1991). Estimation of dissolved carbon dioxide concentrations in aerobic fermentation. AIChE J. 37 (11), 1680-1686.
- Jump up^ Rusten, B., BG Hellstrom, F. Hellstrom, O. Sehested, E. Skjelfoss and B. Svendsen (2000). Pilot testing and preliminary design of a biofilm reactor for the removal of Frevar wastewater treatment plant. Wat. Sci. Tech. 41 (4-5), 13-20.
- Jump up^ Rusten, B., LJ Hem and H. Ődegaard (1995a). Nitrification of municipal wastewater in moving-bed biofilm reactors. Wat. About. Res. 67 (1), 75-86.
- Jump up^ Rusten, B., LJ Hem and H. degaard (1995b). Nitrogen removal from dilute wastewater in cold weather using moving-bed biofilm reactors. Wat. About. Res. 67 (1), 65-74.
- Jump up^ Wik, T. (1999). On the dynamics of fixed biofilm reactors – with focus on nitrifying trickling filters. PhD thesis. Chalmers University of Technology. SE-412 96 Goteborg, Sweden. ISBN 91-7197-797-X.
- Jump up^ Wik, T. and C. Breitholtz (1996). Steady-state solution of a two-species biofilm problem. Biotechnol. Bioeng. 50 (6), 675-686.