The Fisheries Research and Training Institute is a research institution in Lahore , Pakistan.  with work in fisheries and aquaculture in Pakistan. Its role is to promote fisheries and aquaculture in the country. The Institute is divided into 7 sections:  Aquaculture, Biology and Ecology, Nutrition, Pathology and Disease, Chemistry, Fisheries Management, and Training.
The Institute is headed by the Director Fisheries (R & T), Punjab Lahore and headed by Deputy Director Fisheries, assisted by Assistant Director Fisheries.
|Sr #||name||Designation||Qualification||Year Joined the Institute|
|1.||Dr. Sikandar Hayat||Director Fisheries||PhD, M.Phil.||Since 2008|
|2.||Dr.Ehsan Mehmood Bhatti||Deputy Director Fisheries||PhD|
|3.||Zahid Iqbal Rana||Deputy Director Fisheries||B.Sc.|
|4.||Muhammad Azeem Ch.||Deputy Director Fisheries||B.Sc.|
|5.||Aftab Zaheer Khan||Deputy Director Fisheries||B.Sc.|
|6.||Manzoor Hussain Bhatti||Assistant Director Fisheries||B.Sc.|
|7.||Abdul Rehman Makki||Assistant Director Fisheries||B.Sc.|
|8.||Tariq Raheed||Botanist||M.Sc. Botany|
The institute conducts multidisciplinary research and training activities, with the main objectives in related areas under: 
- A. Merits of various aquaculture systems and methods to improve production of commercially important species
- at. Assessment of production potential with various levels of inputs in ponds.
- b. Formulation of low cost balanced feed.
- c. Breeding, selection and mass rearing.
- d. Diseases and their prevention.
- e. Pond engineering and water dynamics
- f. Fish production as a component of an integrated farming system.
- B. Biology and ecology of selected species of commercial importance
- at. Studies on food, feeding, reproduction, spawning, life cycles and behavior of selected species.
- b. Migration patterns of migrating species.
- C. Post-harvest technology for fish
- D. Management systems for lakes and reservoirs to improve fish production
- E. Control of pollution as affecting naturally occurring fish population
- F. Fisheries economics and marketing
- G. Studies of the socio-economic conditions of fishermen and fish farmers
The institute organizes short and long term specialized training courses of a multidisciplinary nature covering the basic and applied aspects of Fisheries and Aquaculture for pre-service and in-service Fisheries personnel and private entrepreneurs.  These courses include:
- Pre promotion course for Director Fisheries
- Pre promotion course for Deputy Director Fisheries
- Pre promotion course for Assistant Director Fisheries
- Pre promotion course for Fisheries Research Assistant
- List of research institutes in Pakistan
- Jump up^ “ISESCO Center for Promotion of Science” . ISESCO Center for Promotion of Science . Retrieved 23 March 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Punjab Fisheries Department” (PDF) . Punjab Fisheries Department . Retrieved 23 March 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Fisheries: Portal” . Government of the Punjab . Retrieved 23 March 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Directorte” . Government of the PUnjab . Retrieved 23 March 2014 .